Glasgow Labour MSP Anne McTaggart has congratulated Single by Sunday, the winners of the Holyrood Rocks Glasgow heat.
Ms McTaggart attended the event which took place on Thursday 2nd October at the St Lukes music and art venue in the Calton area of the city.
Single by Sunday beat off competition from The Static Union and Katie Doyle to win the heat and will now represent Glasgow at the National Final which will take place on 31st October (you can find out more about the event and register for tickets here).
Ms McTaggart said “I was delighted to be able to attend the Glasgow Heat of Holyrood Rocks and I’d like to offer my congratulations to the three fantastic acts who performed, especially Single by Sunday who will now represent the city at the National Final. It’s vitally important that we get more young people involved in the democratic process and in the arts so I’m really pleased with the success of the Holyrood Rocks initiative.”
Holyrood Rocks aims to :
• Encourage every 16 – 25 year old to vote in the upcoming elections.
• Promote young people’s participation across the artistic spectrum.
• Raise awareness of the abundance of career opportunities available in Scotland across the creative industries.
• Emphasise the importance and value that the creative industries brings to Scotland’s economy.
• Promote active citizenship, respect and tolerance amongst young people, irrespective of social, ethnic or economic background.