Glasgow MSP Anne McTaggart hopes that as many people as possible from Drumchapel will attend COPE Scotland’s Family Conference being held in Drumchapel Community Centre on Friday 31st January.
COPE is a community anchor organisation and community access mental health service whose focus is on the needs of local people and communities. COPE provides a range of services to individuals and groups based on a community development and regeneration approach.
The aim of the event is to make more families aware of the range of services that are available to them in Drumchapel. It is hoped that this will result in improved connections between families and the agencies which are able to support them and help them reach their potential.
The event will be both fun and informative involving drama, information stalls and the creative arts to help agencies engage with those who attend.
Ms McTaggart said “I’m delighted that COPE are putting on this event which is a great opportunity for the people of Drumchapel to find out more about the local agencies which can help them.
In times of austerity and with living costs rising it is vital that people have access to support networks should they face difficulties. This event will help people become more aware of these services and I hope as many people as possible take advantage of this.”
Drumchapel Community Centre is located on 320 Kinfauns Drive, G15 7TH.
The event will involve:
- ‘Mocktails’ (alcohol free cocktails)
- Launch of promotional videos for Drumchapel TV which will be online in Spring 2014
- Interactive fun finance quiz drama sketch by CAB with prizes
- Fun ‘Can’t Cook Won’t Cook’ demonstration by Axis Hubs and Drumchapel Life and Veggin Out (details to be confirmed)
- Interactive chill out with COPE and the dream machine
- Demonstration of ‘Toddlers Tales Bounce and Rhyme’ by Glasgow Life in the Crèche (details to be confirmed)
- Crèche available -Blairdardie Out of School Service & Corpus Christi Out of School Service
- Home Energy Scotland’s Transport simulator to promote fuel efficient driving
- Catering by Portofino catering (details to be confirmed)
- Free goodie bag of ingredients and recipes for meals for the family
- Survey on the new community empowerment bill with prizes for taking part
- Head massages
- Acupuncture demonstrations
- The Fruit barra and Tattie trolley (details to be confirmed)
Visit COPEs website here – http://www.cope-scotland.org/.